the doctors, greenmeadows
caring for you & your family
The Doctors, Greenmeadows, is a purpose-built medical centre, and is part of a cluster of healthcare facilities at 522-524 Kennedy Road. Radius Pharmacy and Greenmeadows Physiotherapy are located within the centre, and HB Radiology is on the same site.
We provide a full family general practice service. Facilities include three acute treatment bays for accident and medical treatment, consultation rooms for the three general practitioners, a room for specialist nurse clinics and a therapy suite for anthroposophical nursing therapies, which include a special form of light rhythmical massage, application of herbal compresses and bath therapy.
The Doctors, Greenmeadows is a satellite clinic of The Doctors Napier and enrolled patients are invited to attend the Napier clinic at 30 Munroe St if you need care at weekends or after Greenmeadows closes.
don't let the flu get you
Flu vaccines are now available! These are free for everyone over 65, pregnant women, and people with certain long term conditions including:
- current invasive cancer
- cardiovascular disease
- respiratory disease requiring preventative inhaler therapy
- renal disease
Children from the age of 6 months can also have the flu vaccine (dosage may vary - check with your practice nurse).
Ask your doctor or practice nurse if you qualify for a free vaccine and make an appointment today.
- family healthcare
- nurse services
- child development
- elderly care
- mental health
- minor surgery
- anthroposophical nursing
Our specialised practice nurses run clinics for continuing or chronic health needs and health screening. These are available Mondays 1.30 - 4.30pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 8am - 12pm. Please call for an appointment.
We offer diabetic education, reviewing of recent blood test results, lifestyle review, motivation and goal planning in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
Women's health clinic
Led by qualified smear taker nurses, we offer cervical smears under the cervical screening programme. We provide 30 minute appointments in a relaxed, comfortable, private environment where a range of women's health issues can be discussed.
Don’t let illness spoil your holiday. We will help you with
- individualised medical advice for international travel
- a full range of travel vaccinations.
We are a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre. Call Dr Ronelle Brits 844 6277 now.
Charges for a standard (up to 15 minutes) GP consultation are as follows:
- HUC = high user card | CSC = community services card
- Extended consults: $10 extra for each 5 minutes over 15 minutes
- For special procedures please enquire at reception.
- Please pay at the time of your consultation. Click here for more information.
Charges for ACC treatment:
- Enrolled children 6-17 $10.00 with HUC or CSC.
- Charges apply for any materials used. Blood tests $2
Effective July 2013
- Dr Bernard Helman
- Dr Ronelle Brits
- Dr Valerie Vanacker (on maternity leave)
- Dr Paul Brillhart
- Practice nurses: Glenys, Julie, Diane, Claire
- Anthroposophical holistic care: Deborah Bednarek MN
- Nurse practitioner: Catrina Riley (scope: child and youth)
- Catherine, Deb, Sandra, Tania
- Practice Manager/ Nurse Manager: Lee Allsop
- Administrator: Betsy Taylor